I am loving my new routine lately, so much I had to share it with you guys! Since I started a new job I have been waking up early and working out before work. I have been trying to do this for years, but now I am able to get to work just a tad later. Lazy? Nope, not me…but I will admit I am not a morning person! Working out in the am has its benefits! I am full of energy throughout the day and have gained a small amount of my social life back. I LOVE getting it done allowing me to either make it a double day later, or have the free time after work. I have been doing cardio in the am and weights in the pm. It’s all about PRIORITIES and finding the time to squeeze in a good workout. One of the biggest things I’ve learned from this lifestyle is that if you make it a priority, you will find the time to commit. I was shocked at how many people were at the gym at 6am. Go you!
So my dare to you: wake up 1 hour earlier and either go to the gym, go for a run or do some yoga or weight training in your home! Then tell me how you feel. 🙂
Here are some tips to getting your morning workout on:
- Sleep in your gym clothes. I know, seems weird but saves time from having to change or pick out an outfit in the morning (which for some reason takes a while for me)
- Prep your protein shakes/water/heart rate monitors all together so you can grab and go in the am
- Set your coffee timer (if you prefer coffee to get you going)
- Think about what you will train in the am whether it be a specific body part, cardio, yoga, spin? More thinking at night and less in the morning seems to work best for me.
- Set your alarm
- Go to bed early! Get as many zzz’s as possible.
…And before you know it you’re on the road to success!!
This may seem a little uber organized, but this is what has worked for me so worth a try. 🙂
Question: Do you prefer am or pm workouts?
Have a great week! xo