Lemon water is a great way to get in your gallon a day! Water hydrates while lemon revs your metabolism. This is a fitness must! My parents brought on my obsession with lemon water, they are so creative with adding all sorts of fruit to create something a little different from the ordinary. Start your day off on the right foot with a glass in the morning to refresh, revitalize and hydrate! I’m telling you, it does wonders for your body, skin and energy levels! Here’s how:
- Boosts your immune system
- Balances pH levels
- Flushes out unwanted materials
- Decreases wrinkles and blemishes (woohoo!)
- Cures sore throat, especially when you mix with honey
- Aids with weight loss(!!!)
- Stimulate digestion and adds vitamin C
- Reduces Fever
(Photo c/o The Culinary Tribune)
Instead of soda, lemonade or any sugary drinks, I love the idea of creating flavored ice cubes! For a fun summery drink, make flavored ice cubes by adding lemon, mint, blueberries, strawberries, pineapples, pomegranate seeds, cucumbers (pretty much anything) to your ice-cube trays and freeze. Delish!
Happy Monday and thanks for reading!!