We are heading into the summer season! (Sorry to state the obvious, but I’m a little excited). Well, here in San Francisco the seasons are all mixed up, so you never know when you will have a summer day. With that said, bring on the self tanner! The best way to accentuate your fit body is a nice tan. Who am I kidding, everyone looks better tan. I used to a frequent visitor of the tanning bed (EEK!!) but with all the new knowledge about how bad they are I have learned my lesson and steer clear. When I don’t have time for a spray tan at the salon I often use the following to get that healthy summer glow.
1. St. Tropez: Self Tan Bronzing Mousse: St Tropez has many popular products and this is one of my favs! The formula drys quickly and gives a nice natural tone. Make sure to use the gloves provided, wash off in a couple of hours or the next day to reveal a gorgeous rich bronze tan.
2. Kate Somerville: Tanning Towelettes: Absolutely NO streaks and very easy to use! You can apply to your body and within the hour put on your shorts and go. These are more expensive than the others, but well worth it for a nice deep easy way to tan. They are also paraben and sulfate free.
3. Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tan: I buy this stuff at my local drugstore quite often because you can’t beat the price. The quality is also up to par, and can be used both on your body or face. I usually spray on a clean face post shower, go to bed and wake up with beautiful natural glow.
4. bareMinerals Faux Tan Face Gradual Glow Sunless Tanner: LOVE this stuff. I love everything bareMinerals, and use their entire makeup line as well. Also thinking about checking out their moisurizers. There is no bad smell and does not clog pores. Definite staple in my collection.
5. Bliss A Tan for all Seasons: This is an excellent self tanner for fair skin, but also buildable for darker complextions. It keeps the skin smelling sunny and bright with a citrusy scent, and looks completely natural with no orange tone.
6. Jergens: Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer: Looking for a 3 in 1, moisturizer, bronzer and skin firming technique? This is it! You can buy this at your local drugstore.
Which are your favorites?