Ok, so it’s that time of the week again. Time to do a little grocery shopping this evening. I’m not gonna lie, it’s not my favorite thing in the world, but now that I am watching what I pick up at the store, I am SO much more interested. Remember, eating clean is a must, and if you buy the right foods you will eat the right foods. Abs are made in the kitchen people. 🙂
Below I wanted to share what is on my full shopping list which I usually print out and bring with me to keep me on track, and not wandering off into the junk food sections!
- Boneless/skinless chicken breasts (I pick up every time!)
- Lean ground turkey
- Canned tuna (in water always)
- Plain nonfat cottage cheese
- Plain nonfat greek yogurt
- Non fat cheese sticks
- Kale (need to start eating more of this!)
- Bell peppers
- Green beans
- Brussel sprouts
- Raspberries (huge fan of berries as you can tell!)
- Tomatoes (some can say it’s a veggie, some fruit, who knows!)
- Watermelon (if in season)
Complex Carb Options
- Low carb/low sugar cereal
- Brown rice
- Whole wheat bread
- Sweet potato
Healthy Fat Options
- Natural peanut butter or almond butter
- Olive oil
- Water! (If you don’t have a brita or water filter)
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Green tea
- Balsamic vinegar
- Zero calorie sweetener
I also tend to pick up multi vitamins and protein powder (usually Muscle Milk).
Other helpful tips
- Try to stay away from the alcohol! I sometimes will give in and buy a bottle of wine, but alcohol promotes fat storage- more details about that later.
- Dont go on an empty stomach!
- Just because its says low-fat doesn’t mean it is healthy!
One thing that I have learned is that eating healthy absolutely does not have to be expensive. Stores like Trader Joes have all of this food available at low prices. Please don’t ever think that it will cost a fortune to eat clean, because you can always stick to minimum requirements or look for coupons for these items. If you stick to this list, cut out as much junk food and minimally eat out, you will see results. I have witnessed this first hand. I do have cheat meals so don’t get me wrong, I am only human (and also a HUGE chocoholic and full Italian who loves my pasta) but I try my very hardest to stick to this list as much as possible.
I may also be leaving a few things out, some I may not like or others I just don’t know about, so please don’t be shy to leave me a comment and give other suggestions!
Thank you for reading! I hope this clean eating list will help you to choose all of the right options that work for you as they have worked for me!